Furnace Maintenance Wood Dale
Winters in Wood Dale, Illinois can be brutal with a broken furnace. Start preparing your furnace for the upcoming winter season now. Furnace maintenance is important and will keep your furnace running great all season long. At A-Perfect Climate we provide furnace maintenance service to residents in Wood Dale. Our heating specialists are qualified and have many years of experience working with furnaces. Our team at A-Perfect Climate cares about your comfort and want to do whatever we can to keep your home comfortable this winter. Let our years of experience speak for itself, contact us today!
- NATE Certified
- Honest & Affordable
- 40 Years of Combined Experience
Fill out our form and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Furnace Maintenance Tips
Keeping up with regular maintenance on your furnace is important and will keep it running efficiently all season long. Furnaces can get dirty and dusty and should be cleaned at least every season in Wood Dale, Illinois. Proper maintenance will keep your furnace lasting for many years.
Before you start cleaning and inspecting your furnace make sure to turn the power off first. After you turn the power off check for any leaks. If it is a gas leak, call a professional right away and keep the furnace off until it has been repaired.
- Clean vents- Furnace vents are easily backed up by dirt and debris. If your vents are blocked, it can cause lots of problems to your furnace. You can easily clean the vents with a vacuum cleaner.
- Clean blower- The blower needs to be kept clean just as much as the furnace filter. The blower is found after the air filter. To clean it you will need to remove the panels around the filter .
- Change the filter- It is important to change the filter on your furnace whenever it gets full of dirt and debris. If the filter is clogged replacing it is very affordable.
- Repair air ducts- most air ducts are prone to getting damaged. In order to keep the air duct clear, occasionally vacuum it with a high powered vacuum.
- Check thermostat- If the temperature in your house does not match the temperature on your thermostat then you should check it. If it is not working then it may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Inspect fan- Have a local technician come out and inspect your furnace. They can check the fan and see itf it needs to be cleaned or if it needs any repairs. An inspection will save you from needing expensive repairs because any issues would be caught and fixed right away.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
Has your furnace been acting unusual lately? It could be a sign that your furnace needs to be repaired. Big or small, if there is something wrong with your furnace, it needs to be repaired right away. The sooner you have it repaired, the less expensive the repairs will be. If your furnace is making any of these signs below, it needs to be repaired:
- Loud Sounds- You furnace should not be making any loud or unusual sounds. If you hear anything out of the ordinary, contact a professional at A-Perfect Climate. Our technicians will inspect your furnace and figure out what is wrong with it.
- Higher Heating Bill- An increase in your heating bill could be from your furnace not working efficiently. If there is an issue with your furnace, it might be working harder than it needs to, using more energy.
- Water Leak- Water surrounding your furnace should be taken care of right away. Contact your local technician to come and take a look at it and find out what is wrong.
- Smell of gas- As soon as you smell gas in your home turn your furnace off. AFter that, turn off your gas switch and contact a professional immediately.
- Little Air Flow- Little air flow coming out of your furnace can be caused from a number of problems. It can be a small issue with the fan or a major issue with the belts and motors. Either way, you will need a professional to inspect it and determine what’s wrong with it.
- Blowing Cold Air- If you are having issues with cold air blowing when you have the furnace on, have your local technician in Wood Dale come and look at it. They can determine the problem and come up with the best solutions for you.
- Age- Your furnace works long and hard during the Wood Dale winters and should be getting tune-ups when necessary. Furnaces can last up to 15-20 years if they get regular maintenance inspections. If your furnace is not working as well as it used too and it is around 15-20 years old, then you might want to think about replacing it. There are many energy efficient options you can choose from too!