Air Conditioning Maintenance Elmhurst
It can be stressful having to get your air conditioner repaired or replaced during the summer months in Elmhurst, Illinois. Especially when you want to be relaxing and cooling off from the summer heat. If your air conditioner is not working as efficiently as it should be or used to, call the highly trained technicians at A-Perfect Climate. You can depend on our technicians to make all necessary repairs that are affordable. The sooner you call us the sooner and less expensive repairs you will have. Ignoring small issues might cost you an air conditioner. The cost of repairs is less expensive than having to replace it entirely. Our goal is to get you back to being comfortable in your Elmhurst residence.
We Take Pride in Our:
- Dependable Service
- 4.9 Star Rating on Google
- Affordable Prices
- After Hours Service
- Quality Products
- Highly Trained Technicians
Air Conditioning Maintenance Tips Elmhurst
Keeping up with regular maintenance on your air conditioner will keep it running smoothly all season long. No one wants to be stuck in a house without air on some of the warmest days of the summer. If you can prevent your unit from needing repairs or breaking down, then why wouldn’t you? At A-Perfect Climate we offer air conditioning maintenance to residents in Elmhurst, Illinois. In order to keep your unit working efficiently all season long, follow these helpful tips below:
- Keeping surrounding area clean – keeping the area surrounding your air conditioner is important. If overgrown bushes or plants surround your unit, it is not able to get enough airflow to cool your Elmhurst residence as efficiently as it should.
- Have annual inspections – annual inspections and cleanings are great because they not only keep your air conditioning unit running smoothly, but can see if any repairs are needed. Diagnosing problems early on and getting them fixed right away will help prevent bigger and costlier problems from occurring.
- Do not leave vents closed – some people think that leaving vents closed downstairs will make your air conditioner push out more air to the upstairs of your home. However, if you close the vents all the way then it could cause your air conditioning unit to overheat. If you are going to try this, make sure you do not close them completely.
- Change the filter – always try and change your filter annually in Elmhurst. We recommend changing it at least twice a year depending on how much you use it.
- Program your thermostat – a programmable thermostat will actually save you money on your bills in the long run. You can adjust your thermostat so it doesn’t have to work as hard while you are away all day and have it set to start cooling your home before you get back. This way it’s not running on full blast the entire day.
- Close curtains during the day – keep the sun out by closing your curtains during the day, which prevents extra heat from getting in.
- Wash the unit – washing the unit is an easy way to keep your air conditioner working properly. Debris can get built up on and around your air conditioner and cause it to have weak airflow.
Signs your Air Conditioner Needs Repair Elmhurst
Knowing signs you air conditioner needs repairing can help prevent bigger problems from happening in the future. Knowing the signs can save you a lot of money because the cost of replacing an air conditioning unit is a lot more expensive. Here are some signs you should watch out for:
- No airflow- if your air conditioner is running but air is not flowing out of your vents then something is wrong with your unit. Contact your local Elmhurst HVAC service to come out and take a look as soon as possible.
- Warm airflow- if your system is blowing out warm air then there could be a problem with the compressor or a refrigerant leak. These can be serious issues if not taken cared of.
- Loud, banging sounds- loud and unfamiliar sounds indicate a problem with your unit. If you start hearing your air conditioner making loud sounds then you should have it inspected and repaired.
- Leaks- leaks around your air conditioning system is a serious problem. There may be a blockage or broken part in your unit. It could also mean that there is a leak. These can be expensive repairs if you wait to get air conditioner repaired.
Call Today! After Hours Service Available!
Call A-Perfect Climate for all of your air conditioning repairs and maintenance services. A-Perfect Climate has been servicing Elmhurst for over 24 years. We are licensed, bonded and insured and our technicians are highly trained and certified. We offer after hours/emergency service in the DuPage County area and the Chicago Metropolitan area.